Sustainable communities are part of a growing trend towards becoming more environmentally aware and responsible, combining more green spaces with eco-friendly energy sources.
This course provides a definition of a sustainable community as well as the local and global benefits of them.
Learn how to create a sustainable community and about the support available to help community members.
Principles of sustainable communities
- The definition of ‘sustainable community’
- What makes a community sustainable
- The local and global benefits of a sustainable community
- Resources that could support community development proposals
- Sources of support for implementing sustainable development in communities
- How to engage with potential sources of support for development proposals
Additional funding information
Fully Funded course for Scottish Residents only
Non-Scottish residents, can still undertake this course, however full course fee applies.
Course Contact Details
T: 01387 734233
- Courses are delivered via distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Engaging and interactive activities
- Study will develop learners’ knowledge, skills and confidence to enhance their future work and life