Our Business Analysis Fundamentals package has been developed to support those looking to move into the industry of Business Analysis but who have limited understanding of the role, or lack the necessary skills and knowledge to start in an entry-level Business Analysis job role.
As a Business Analyst, you must understand your organisation’s business strategy and use appropriate techniques to analyse their business and identify required changes to processes, to resolve any internal and external issues.
This programme includes two courses:
- BCS Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice
- Microsoft SQL
Throughout this Business Analysis Virtual Classroom training, you will learn how a Business Analyst can assist with organisational change by implementing performance management techniques and strategic analysis tools. You will also develop the skills needed to support your IT team and senior members.
Is the Business Analysis Fundamentals programme suitable for me?
This Business Analysis Fundamentals programme would benefit those looking to move into a Business Analysis role and those currently working in a Business Analysis role without but looking to gain industry-recognised accreditations to work towards becoming a Business Analyst.
If you are in another similar job role and would like to transition to a Business Analyst role, this course would also benefit you.
If you’re currently taking or planning on studying the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, this course makes up part of that Diploma.
All training and exams must be completed within six months.
What jobs can I apply for after my Business Analysis Fundamentals training?
While individuals who complete this course can move into a range of job roles, such as Consulting, Project Management, or strategy planning, we typically see individuals become a:
- Business Analyst – £40k
- Business Architect – £66k
- Enterprise Architect – £78k
Why study the Business Analysis Fundamentals programme with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 625,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training.
We have also refined our processes, partner relationships, and course materials to offer you a high-quality training solution.
You will also benefit from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*
- 1-year BCS membership included (worth £92).
- Fast-track your learning with our Virtual Classroom course.
- Enhance your career prospects.
- Learn from expert trainers with vast experience in this field.
- We offer interest-free payment options.
We’re proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92, which is eligible from the moment you pass your first exam.
Benefits of this associate’s membership include:
- Professional recognition.
- Career development.
- Knowledge and best practice.
- Exclusive discounts and offer.
Syllabus & Exams
Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Syllabus
Over this 3-day course, you will gain an understanding of the techniques, tools, and role of a Business Analyst. This training course will prepare you to sit and pass your exam, which will earn you the Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice.
There is a written examination for this course, which can be booked via Pearson VUE directly.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the role of a Business Analyst and the value of this job role within an organisation.
- Understand the skills required of a Business Analyst, in successfully supporting business change.
- Learn the strategy analysis processes and techniques.
- Develop the skills to investigate an organisation’s business systems, to uncover occurring problems.
- Understand the importance of techniques used within stakeholder management.
- Undertake conceptual modelling through business activity models.
- Confidently provide recommendations for business improvements.
- Rationale for Business Analysis (5%)
- Strategic Context (15%)
- Understanding the Current Situation (15%)
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management (20%)
- Analysing and Modelling Business Activities (25%)
- Identifying Potential Solutions (10%)
- Building the Business Case (10%)
Practitioner Certificate in Business Analysis Practice Exam Details
Exam Format – Multiple-choice.
Duration – 60 minutes.
Supervised – Yes.
Open book – No.
Pass mark – 26/40 (65%).
Microsoft SQL Syllabus
Microsoft SQL Exam Details
There is no exam for this course.
All training and exams must be completed within six months.
Job Academy Programme Details
Enrolment and Studying
We have made our Job Academy process simple. You will first go through our onboarding process, where we will have a no-obligation consultation, to give us both ample opportunities to ask and answer questions, before deciding the best route forward for you.
You will then go through our induction process, where we will discuss the training schedules and prepare you to begin your training.
Once you have completed your training, practical labs, assessments, and exams, you will go through the recruitment process and work towards becoming job ready.
Our Recruitment Team will work with you to help you prepare for any upcoming job interviews, helping you feel more prepared and confident.
The recruitment process includes:
- Welcome email with next steps explained in detail.
- Invitation to CV workshops, which covers:
- How to create multiple CVs tailored to your specific job descriptions.
- Looking at candidates from an employer’s perspective (Value, Behaviour, Skills).
- Creating excellent LinkedIn Profiles & how to create Video CVs.
- Introducing you to a range of Job Boards.
- How to handle competency-based interview questions.
- Preparing you for job interviews.
Our Recruitment Team will provide you with support for up to 12 months from the day you finish your training with us, with the goal of helping you secure a job or job placement.