The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt training course has been developed for every employee, within any sector, carrying out any job role. The purpose of the Yellow Belt training course is to help every employee add value to their business by spotting and resolving areas of improvement.
Lean Six Sigma offers the best of both the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, helping to standardise work, eliminate waste and defects, improve customer satisfaction, and help the business become more profitable.
The Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt is the first level in The CEPAS Lean Six Sigma training. Any individual that is interested in starting an exciting career in project management should consider this course. Through this course, you will learn about all the Lean Six Sigma methodologies and concepts needed to carry project management tasks.
The training has been specially developed for process improvement team members and those new to Lean Six Sigma methodology and principles. If this is you, the knowledge and skills you will gain from this highly respected qualification will benefit you. Through our easy-to-use eLearning Portal that provides you access to high-quality, engaging course material, you will be ready for the project management sector.
The course is accredited by CEPAS, a Bureau Veritas company. You will receive high-grade course materials, the exam, and the certification. Furthermore, all individuals will be added to the CEPAS international public register of Lean Six Sigma certified experts.
If you would prefer to study within a virtual classroom environment, consider our Yellow Belt Virtual Classroom.
In addition to this course, we offer other Six Sigma Courses. After completing the Yellow Belt, the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt is next followed by the Black Belt qualification.
Start or progress your career in project management today!
We’re proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
Is this Lean Six Sigma course suitable for me?
This course is ideal for individuals that want to embark on an exciting career in project management. Throughout the course, you will learn all the methodologies and concepts that will help you succeed during your career.
This course would also benefit individuals:
- Wanting a career change to project management.
- Gain a globally recognised qualification that shows all employers you understand the fundamentals of the Six Sigma methodologies.
- Any Project team members looking to enhance their skill set.
- Process improvement consultants wanting to attract more clients through the highly sought-after qualification.
- Increased productivity and efficiency from Project Managers and Process improvement team members.
There are no prerequisites to enrol on this training course. However, we recommend all individuals are motivated and open-minded.
Interested in learning this course from one of our professional trainers? Enrol on our Yellow Belt Virtual Classroom.
You will learn how to enhance a company’s productivity while increasing customer retention and reducing costs, and learn how to increase customer value and reduce process waste using lean methods.
With both Lean and Six Sigma frameworks at your disposal, you can implement significant improvements to your business, including enhancing the morale of the project management team while gaining higher customer loyalty.
Lean Six Sigma graduates are in high demand because of their ability to problem-solve efficiently, making this a great career choice.
What jobs can I apply for after my Lean Six Sigma training?
Upon completing the Yellow Belt training exam, many roles will become available.
- Quality Control Inspector – £21k
- Process Improvement Analyst – £28k
- Process Engineer – £32.5k
Why study a Lean Six Sigma course with e-Careers?
We are accredited by CEPAS, a Bureau Veritas company. Once you have passed your exam you will become registered on the CEPAS public register once certified. Our course has been designed to focus on Lean rather than statistical analysis, and we offer a more efficient way to implement the methodologies. All our materials are updated and covers all work environments in a variety of sectors.
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 625,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
Other benefits include:
- Flexibility – You can study through our eLearning platform or virtual classroom.
- Price match guarantee – We won’t be beaten on price (like-for-like).
- Become an asset to any business.
- Financial plans that include interest-free options.
- The price of the package includes the exam, certification and mock exams.
Syllabus & Exams
Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Syllabus
This course gives you 6-months access to go through the required online lessons and practice questions. Once you have taken and passed your exams, you will earn your Yellow Belt certificate and become registered onto the CEPAS public register of Lean Six Sigma certified professionals.
Throughout our CEPAS Yellow Belt qualification, you will cover the below topics:
- Fundamental Lean and Six Sigma principles
- The benefits of blending the two in a unified approach
- The DMAIC methodology
- Project targeting criteria
- What makes a great Lean Six Sigma project?
- Lean Six Sigma concepts and tools
- Key elements of successful Lean transformation
- Project selection
- Team roles
- Voice of the Customer (VoC)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Value-Add versus Non-Value-Add
- Root Cause Analysis
- Fishbone Diagrams
- Lean Flows & Work Cells
- 5S’s (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardise & Sustain)
- Visual Tools
- Capacity and Bottlenecks
Once you have completed your Yellow Belt training, you will be able to:
- List the fundamental tools and principles that underlie the Lean Six Sigma improvement model.
- Identify opportunities to improve a process.
- Define project improvement goals.
- Identify how to plan for and conduct data collection to uncover root causes.
- Describe how to verify root causes of process issues.
- List how to implement simple but effective improvement techniques and concepts.
- Identify how to sustain the gain of process improvements.
CEPAS Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Exam Details
The purpose of this exam is to verify that you have gained the necessary Yellow Belt skills, knowledge and competencies. The exam is included with the price of this course.
Yellow Belt Exam format
Exam Format – Multiple-choice, Online, proctored exam
Number of questions – 32 questions.
Open book – No.
Duration – 50 minute duration.
Pass mark – 24/32 (65%).
We recommend taking the CEPAS Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification Exam within the first 6-weeks after your course completion date.
***Please note: the exam voucher fee is included in the classroom course fee.
***Please note, there is an Annual Maintenance and Recertification cost, which varies by location. Yellow Belt Annual Maintenance cost ranges from £14-£30. Yellow Belt Recertification cost ranges from £29-£59 and occurs every 5 years.