This 1 day practical course has been designed to provide delegates with the knowledge to identify, select, inspect and fit a variety of wheels on hand held cut off saws, and understand associated legislation.
On this course delegates will choose, inspect and fit a wheel for specific task.
Dumfries and Galloway College are pleased to be able to offer this course in partnership with West Coast Training.
1 Day, 0900 – 1630
Suitable for anyone who operates, supervises or manages the use of abrasive wheels.
To provide knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- A basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
- A working knowledge of the manufacturers handbook and be familiar with other sources of information available including relevant legislation
- Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
- Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
- Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturers and legislative requirements
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for petrol driven cut off saw
- Select suitable type of blade relative to the work being undertaken
- Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area and set up safety zone
- Prepare the machine for use and operate machinery safely and efficiently
- Environmental considerations
- Storage and transport of petrol driven cut off saw
- Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
NPORS test to complete course
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199