This practical course will help you meet the needs of the Health & Safety Executive (HSE), and provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to be competent in the safe mounting of and selection of abrasive wheels and cutting discs.
Dumfries and Galloway College are pleased to be able to offer this course in partnership with West Coast Training.
Suitable for anyone who operates, supervises or manages the use of abrasive wheels.
The aim of this course is to provide staff with sufficient knowledge to use and maintain abrasive wheel equipment safely, covering:
- Health and safety legislation overview
- Hazards and risk control measures associated with Abrasive Wheels
- Types of abrasive wheel machines and their safe use
- Resin & vitrified bonded abrasive wheel selection, marking, identification and inspection
- Correct use, setting, adjustment and inspection of flanges, guards and accessories
- Pre-use machine safety checks
- How to mount of abrasive wheels on various equipment including hand angle grinder, saws and bench grinders
- Set up and safe working of applying an Abrasive Wheel to a grinder
- Practical safe set up (no live cutting or grinding)
To complete course delegates will participate in a end of course test.
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199