This 5 day course provides project managers, site managers and supervisors, business proprietors and client-based personnel with the knowledge and skills to enable them to ensure health, safety, welfare and environmental issues are adhered to on construction sites.
This course is listed in the Build UK Training Standard.
DGC is pleased to offer this course in partnership with West Coast Training.
5 days, 0900 – 1630
Day 1 – 29 Jan 2024 09:00
Day 2 – 05 Feb 2024 09:00
Day 3 – 12 Feb 2024 09:00
Day 4 – 19 Feb 2024 09:00
Day 5 – 26 Feb 2024 09:00
You must be able to comit to the full 5 days.
Photographic ID is required upon arrival for the course and at assessment.
On completion of the course, the learner will have an understanding of the following:
- Health & Safety Law
- Legal Duties
- Construction (Design and Management)
- Health & Safety Policy
- Risk Assessment & Method Statements
- Legal Requirements for Provision of Information
- Needs to Maintain Competence on Site
- Importance of Good Communication
- Principle of Leadership and Worker Engagement
- Importance of Accurately Measuring, Monitoring and Reporting on Health & Safety
- Health & safety Risks
- Identify Statutory and Non-Statutory Forms, Notices, Signs and Registers
- Accidents Causes, Preventative Measures and RIDDOR
- Construction Phase Plans
- Ill Health Causes and Metal Health Issues
- Requirements of Welfare Facilities
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Control of Substances Hazards to Health (COSHH) and Respiratory Concerns
- Noise, Vibrations and Manual Handling
- Considerations of Setting Up a Site
- Fire Arrangements
- Electrical Safety
- Temporary Works
- Management of Plant and Equipment
- Lifting Operations
- Mobile and Lone Working
- Working at Height
- Excavations and Services (Overhead and Underground)
- Confined Space
Continual assessment throughout the course
Written test, requiring short written answers.
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199