APPLY NOW - Flexible Workforce Development Fund: 2017/2018
Wed 8th Nov 10:42
Do you pay the Apprenticeship Levy?
If yes, you may be able to apply for the current Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF).
FWDF is available for Dumfries & Galloway employers that pay the Apprenticeship Levy and it may give you access to a fund of up to £10,000 towards your employees’ training and development through Dumfries and Galloway College.
Be quick, application deadline is 28 February 2018!
The Scottish Government has introduced a new Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) to provide employers with workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill their existing workforce. Employers paying the Apprenticeship Levy can apply to the Flexible Workforce Development Fund.
- The FWDF is available to all levy-paying employers in Scotland across the private, public and third sectors.
- Each levy-paying employer can access up to a maximum of £10,000 in 2017/18.
- You can only make one application for funding, up to a maximum of £10,000 in 2017/18.
- The FWDF can be used as part-contribution towards training of a higher cost.
- Employers may submit only one application to the fund within the application period.
- The FWDF is in addition to apprenticeship support, which all employers are eligible to access in Scotland.
- The FWDF will not support provision of qualifications or training required by legislation.
A Flexible Workforce Development fund application form is available from the College now and must be submitted by no later than Wednesday 28 February 2018.
The College will allocate funds on a first-come-first-served basis so contact our team for some friendly help and advice on accessing the Flexible Workforce Development Fund.
We will work with you to identify the training that your company requires to meet the following priorities:
- increase organisational capacity
- increase productivity
- address known skills gaps
This Training Needs Analysis will form the basis of your application and will help us to select and develop the workforce development programme that is right for your organisation.
All training must be contactually committed by the end of June 2018, although the training may continue beyond that date up until the end of September 2018.
Eva Milroy, CTS Co-Ordinator
Email email@example.com or phone 01387 734276
To download the application form click here
To download guidance notes for your application click here