Dumfries and Galloway College Board of Management was established under the provisions of the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992. The College is also a charity registered in Scotland in terms of the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 with registered number SC021189. The Board of Management comprises of representative from industry, commerce and educations, and benefits greatly from Members’ extensive expertise of business and public life together with practical experience in education and training. The private and public sectors are represented, as is the College’s Executive Management Team (by the Principal), teaching and support staff and the student body. The Board’s key duties are to:
- Set the strategic direction and priorities of the College
- Promote commitment to the values and ethos of the organisation, including equality and diversity
- Ensure satisfactory delivery of the organisation’s performance and financial objectives, high quality learning and outcomes, and a good learning experience
- Be accountable to and maintain the trust of key stakeholders
- Comply with relevant legal and financial requirements, including the Scottish Public Finance Manual
- Ensure identification and control of the main risks to the organisation’s responsibilities and business objectives
- Adhere to the sector’s Code of Good Governance and the organisation’s Financial Memorandum.
The Board has 17 members comprising:
- The Chair of the Board as appointed by the Scottish Ministers;
- the Principal of the College;
- a staff member elected by the teaching staff of the college;
- a staff member elected by the support staff of the college;
- two student members nominated by the Students’ Association; and
- 11 non-executive members appointed by the Board.
Non-executive members of the Board serve on a voluntary basis, without remuneration, take an active interest in the work of the College and attend various college events. The Board normally meets four times a year. Agendas, minutes are supporting papers are published on this website once the minute has been approved.
The Secretary to the Board of Management is Ann Walsh.
For more information please follow one of the links in the Governance menu.