This qualification is ideal if you have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities.
It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
To achieve this qualification, you need to complete 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 8600-308: Understanding Leadership
- Unit 8600-309: Understanding How to Establish an Effective Team
- Unit 8600-300: Solving Problems & Making Decisions.
This course is delivered Face-To-Face at Dumfries or Stranraer Campus (see availability), and learners will also get access to an online learning portal.
3 days delivery, plus self study
Ideal for practicing or aspiring Team Leaders/Supervisors and Managers.
To achieve an Award in Leadership and Management you must achieve between 4 and 12 ILM credits. These units have been selected to provide learners with 5 credits.
- Unit 3600 – 300: Solving problems & Making Decisions
– Know how to describe a problem, its nature, scope and impact
– Know how to gather and interpret information to solve a problem
– Know how to evaluate options to make a decision
– Know how to plan, monitor and review the implementation and communication of decisions
- Unit 8600 – 308: Understanding Leadership
– Understanding Leadership Styles
– Understand Leadership Qualities and review own Leadership qualities and potential
- Unit 8600 – 309: Understand How to Establish an Effective Team
– Understand how to develop and maintain effective working relationships
– Understand how to build a team
After each unit, candidates will be provided with an assignment to undertake.
Candidates can complete further ILM units to achieve the ILM Level 3 Certificate or Diploma.
Course Contact Details
T: 01387 73199