This globally recognised 1 day course is a great opportunity to refresh key parts of the Managing course, through an engaging and practical 1-day course.
This course is for anyone in a management or supervisory role, who has completed IOSH Managing Safely | Dumfries & Galloway College (dumgal.ac.uk) and it is recommended that learners refresh every 3 years.
Dumfries and Stranraer Campus
Delivery – 23 Apr 2024 09:00
Candidate to this course must have completed the IOSH Managing Safely | Dumfries & Galloway College (dumgal.ac.uk) course.
Managing Safely Refresher covers….
- Reflection: Delegates reflect on what they took away from the full Managing Safely course and revisit key reasons for managing safely – recapping on some of the key terms in an engaging and participative way
- Leadership: Why leadership is important, and how to create a positive safety culture
- Plan: Looks at a safety and health policy and what it includes
- Do: Delegates undertake a risk assessmeny task and then think about the best ways to communicate their findings
- Check: Looking at data types, what can measured and how this helps seeing if ‘the plan’ is implemented and working
- Act: Looks at why reviewing performance, acting on lessons learned and striving to improve is essential.
Learner-Centred approach: A case study exercise is used throughout the course to apply refreshed knowledge to the plan-do-check-act model and link it back to the workplace.
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199