Studying the BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour is perfect if you are looking to understand the essential theories and principles of Organisational Behaviour and gain a detailed look into the different factors that shape how companies have operated.
This course takes place over two days, held on the Saturday and Sunday, and makes up part of the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
You will also learn the fundamentals before moving onto more advanced techniques and principles, such as operating models, organisational design, cultural and behavioural factors, and group and individual performance.
The BCS Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour Virtual Classroom training course is one of the four modules necessary for completing the International Diploma in Business Analysis. Business Analysts earn an average of £40k per annum.
This course benefits from 1 year BCS membership worth £92 and our Exam Pass Guarantee*.
Is the Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour course suitable for me?
This course is ideal for those wanting to gain knowledge about the different structures, operations, and behaviours of organisations. If you work in Business Analysis, Business Change or as a Business Manager, this is a valuable course for you. This is especially valuable for those looking to work as a Business Analyst and are just applying for jobs, or those working towards the BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis.
How will the Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour course benefit me?
Businesses around the world are becoming more aware that there is a real need to hire full-time Business Analysts to improve their current organisational processes. Due to this, a career as a Business Analyst is a very secure job with great opportunities to progress up the career ladder.
Working as a Business Analyst is also very lucrative. In the UK, on average you will earn around £48k per year with the opportunity to work up to £70k at the top end.
Do you want every day to be different? As a business analyst, you will be continuously scheduling your tasks daily and thinking of the best strategy to execute these tasks.
We’re proud of our excellent rating on Trustpilot, with over 13,000 reviews from our past students.
BCS Membership Benefits
This course benefits from 1-year BCS membership worth £92, which is available when you pass your first exam.
Benefits of Associate Membership include:
- Professional recognition
- Career development
- Knowledge and best practice
- Exclusive discounts and offers
What jobs can I apply for after my Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour training?
Those who complete this course typically go into the below careers:
- Business Architecture
- Business Analysis
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project Management (Team Member or Manager)
Working as a Business Analyst on average gives you a salary of £45k per year.
Why choose to study the Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour course with e-Careers?
We have developed an expert team over the last 10 years since our inception. In that time, we have trained over 625,000 delegates globally, which has helped offer the highest quality training, and we have earned a 5-star rating on Trustpilot, from over 10,000 students.
By refining our processes, partner relationships, and course materials, we can offer high-quality training solutions for our delegates.
You will also benefit from:
- Exam Pass Guarantee*
- Fast-track your learning with our Virtual Classroom course
- Weekend training course.
- Enhance your career prospects
- Learn from expert trainers with vast experience in this field
- We offer interest-free payment options
*Exam Pass Guarantee to give you peace of mind to succeed
Our virtual classroom training has provided high pass rates, which has made us confident to offer an Exam Pass Guarantee. Have peace of mind, knowing we’ll support you until you are certified.
With our Exam Pass Guarantee, if you do not pass the exam after attending our training course, you can attend the same training again for free.
All we ask is that you:
- Attend all class days and complete all assignments
- Take the exam within 30 days of your Virtual Classroom training
- Request your course re-enrolment within 30 days of the failed exam attempt
Please note: Students retaking the course must use any materials or books distributed to them in their original course session. Failure to provide these materials will result in the student being charged for replacement(s).
Syllabus & Exams
Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour Syllabus
After this training, you will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Organisational Principles – delivering value, structure, budgets, jobs, management and rules
- Operating models – structures and boundaries
- Organisational motivation, behaviour and culture
- Group formation, dynamics and networks
- Principles of financial reporting – balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, costing and pricing
- Project finance – costs and benefits, payback, discounted cash flow
Organisational Behaviour Syllabus
Organisational Principles (17.5%)
- Delivering value
- Organisation structuring
- Budgets and departmentalised businesses
- Describe types of jobs
- Describe line management, staff and functional relationships
- Explain formalisation of rules and procedures
- Explain centralisation v decentralisation
Operating models (15%)
- Explain organisation structures and their characteristics
- Recognise organisational boundaries
Organisational motivation, behaviour and culture (20%)
- Explain organisational motivation (OMG business motivation model)
- Describe the Organisational Behaviour Field Map
- Explain organisational effectiveness and the balanced scorecard
Group formation (10%)
- Explain groups and group dynamics
- Describe formal and informal groups
Principles of financial reporting (20%)
- Describe statement of financial position (balance sheet)
- Explain income and expenditure (income statement, profit-and-loss account)
- Describe cash flow
- Explain costing and pricing
Project finance (17.5%)
- Describe the rationale for and the techniques used for evaluating a financial case
- Discounted Cash Flow /Net Present Value
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
Foundation Certificate in Organisational Behaviour Exam Details
Exam Format – Multiple-choice.
Number of questions – 40.
Duration – 60-mins.
Supervised – Yes.
Open book – No.
Pass mark – 26/40 (65%).