This 1/2 day course aims to provide the candidate with the knowledge and practical skills on how to work effectively and safely when using harnesses or fall arrest equipment.
DGC is pleased to offer this coutrse in Partnership with West Coast Training.
1/2 day, 0900 – 1230
At the end of this course, delegates should:
- Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities
- Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular harness / fall arrest to be used
- Be able to locate and identify major components of the harness / fall arrest and explain their functions
- Conduct all safety checks in accordance with the manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
- Select suitable type of harness / fall arrest relative to the work being undertaken
- Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for using harness / fall arrest and demonstrate correct use
- Correctly fit and remove the safety harness / fall arrest
- Carry out end of work inspections
- Environmental considerations
- Storage of harness / fall arrest
Thoery and Practical Assessment
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199