This 3 day cooking class is aimed at those who have recently or just about to lead a more independent life. Ideal for school leavers who are about to embark on a journey through university. This course will teach you the foundations of cooking and provide you with an invaluable skill that will enable you to cook healthy, low-cost meals and give you confidence in the kitchen.
All ingredients are included.
On Successful completion, delegates will receive an accredited REHIS Elementary Cooking Skills Certificate.
Dumfries and Stranraer Campus
3 days, 09:00 – 16:30
No entry requirements other than the want to learn new cooking skills
Some of the meals that you will cook are as follows:
- Cauliflower Leaf Soup with Brocolli Steams
- Homemade Breads
- Curried Vegetable Sandwich
- Spaghetti Beef Bolognese
- Stir Fried Chicken Wraps
- Strawberry Roulade
- Pork Bolognese with Rice
- Swiss Roll
In addition to the menu, the following outcomes should be achieved:
– Demonstrate the importance of personal hygiene
– Understand the importance of food safety during food preparation, cooking & storage
– understand and be able to follow a recipe
– Demonstrate basic food preparation techniques
– understand and demonstrate basic cooking methods
– Have the ability to put the aquired knowledge of practical food skills into practice in a variety of settings.
Delegates will be assessed throughout this practical course
Delegates could progress on to the SCQF 5 Craft Baking course: Craft Baking (SCQF Level 5) | Dumfries & Galloway College (dumgal.ac.uk)
Course Contact Details
If you would like more information or to reserve a place on a course, please get in touch.
Telephone: 01387 734199